Sunday, October 17, 2010

October

My dearest October
I’m finally sober
I’ve put away my lover, and how are you?

This time a year ago
I burned all my Polos
Saw Staind and Creed without you.


I’ve heard those songs
Far too long
Nearly a thousand days since April 02.

Two years gone by
Fearing goodbye
Wondering why nothing seems true.

Dead leaves fall
The holidays call
You seem to be donning a different hue.


The waning of summer
Ends my dreamy slumber
I’m awake and ready for something new

Like at homecoming dances
I took my chances
There was some exploring I had to do.

So you’re turning a fresh chapter
And this one comes after…
What was the last one that’s now through?


Silversun Pickups
I woke up and made up
A new plan for living that swiftly grew.

But the forums are dull
I’ve posted my all
Booze or Ben & Gerry’s? to SSPU

It all started with what’s-his-name.
What? Don’t play this game.
I needed his nudging to get me through.

So what will the next be?
I want you happy.

I don’t know yet, but I want that too.

No comments: