Thursday, October 30, 2008

Let it fester

I write when I have a lot of things to work out, when I'm confused, or mulling over a problem. Taking note of the number of entries for this month of October, it's been a difficult time. And you don't even realize that I've also begun a blog on MySpace as well. Ha.

But for all my letter writing and blogging, I have yet to progress a single page's worth of writing or revision on any of my stories. So much for getting something, anything, published in 2008.

Aw, don't give up yet, you say. There are still a couple of months left. A couple of months, hmmph! I am at a point where I feel like I will never be able to write another story ever again. Let it fester, let it fester, he said. But I hate gaping wounds.

On the bright side, I have been writing more songs and have even begun recording the vocals. Don't know what's going to become of that, but I do it "because I like it." What the hell are you talking about? he said. You do it because you like it. So, yes, I'm doing it because I like it. And when the time comes that great story paragraphs weave together to create a great overall story, I will be most satisfied with not having wasted my time complaining.

No comments: